Happy Independence Day!
July 4th Club Hours: 6 AM - 12 PM
Help us celebrate this month!
Check out our calendar for fun & free ways to win great prizes!
July 2015 Calendar - located in lobby
Join us in remembering our long time member and friend
10 AM - 12 PM @ Murphy's Pub
Have you seen the new T Bar holder & handle?
No more shoving the bar against the wall!
You can find the holder by the squat rack & the handle on the rack by the bench press.
Post our yard sign in your front yard, patio, or gate.
Take a picture of yourself with the sign.
Upload to social media for a chance to win:
1st place: 3 free months of dues
2 runner up's: 1 free month of dues
Raffle will take place on July 18th at the Anniversary Party
The 5 Basic Healthy Meal Formulas Everyone Should Know
You probably have at least one non-recipe already. Maybe it's a stir-fry that has
a different protein and veggies in it each time you make it, and you also serve
over different grains. Here are 5 great formulas for healthy eating.
Enter To Win
Get your raffle tickets at the Anniversary Party to be entered for a chance to win
Have you picked up this year's Anniversary T-Shirt?
Group Training Sessions
We are looking for 2-4 people who would like to participate in Group Training Sessions.
Sessions are 60 minutes long and as low as $25 per session. 6 PM or later. Contact
Stretch to Improve Hip Flexion & Performance
Many men struggle with inflexibility and diminished joint range of motion, especially as they age. Hip tightness, for example, can hinder athletic performance and possibly lead to various injuries. Unfortunately, stretching often takes a back seat to cardiovascular and strength training. The good news is that you can increase hip flexibility using effective stretches with continuously looped resistance bands. The stretches can help restore agility, strength, power and balance.
* From supine, place right foot firmly against wall, knee straight (keep this contact throughout).
* Loop band around left foot and, with L hip flexed at 90 degrees, grasp band 2 inches from L foot.
* Pull band and foot toward R shoulder while allowing L knee to bend, feeling strong stretch in L glute; hold 2-3 seconds before releasing.
* Repeat multiple times for 1 minute, bringing L foot closer to R shoulder with each rep. Do not allow R knee to bend.
* Switch sides.
Wrap band firmly and securely over arch of L foot.
* Grasp band approximately 6-8 inches from L foot while placing R foot firmly against wall, R knee fully straightened. Keep it straightened throughout movement.
* With elbows on floor at shoulder height, press L heel toward ceiling, straightening L knee as much as possible.
* Perform rhythmical repetitions, straightening L knee and flexing L hip more with each rep while preventing R knee from flexing.
* Between reps, bend L knee just enough so that stretch tension is taken off L hamstring.
* Switch sides.
Anterior Hip and Thigh
To optimally stretch anterior hip and thigh, actively engage opposite hamstring to avoid compensation. Also, engage core to avoid arching in low back.
* Wrap band around R foot and lie on R side.
* Bring L leg in front, flexing L knee and hip to 90 degrees while firmly placing foot on floor.
* Position R leg behind you. Firmly grasp band behind head.
* Fully extend elbows, increasing band tension. Actively move elbows through full range of motion to stretch R anterior hip and thigh.
* Keep R thigh behind body, not in front. This will ensure both hip and thigh are being stretched simultaneously.
* Switch sides.
* With band attached to L foot, hold L elbow relatively close to floor at shoulder height. Press R leg firmly against stable structure (this is key).
* Rhythmically press L heel laterally and upward, trying to straighten knee fully with each rep. Keep movement short; release when tension is off muscle; repeat.
* Maximize full range of motion with each rep while keeping R leg flat and foot secure.
* Switch sides.
For your safety & consideration for others
Cardio Room 1. Wipe down equipment after use 2. Liquid- Make sure your water bottle/cup has a lid, water & electronics do not mix 3. Please consult others before turning of ceiling or floor fans, they may prefer extra air.
Weight Room 1. Please return all equipment to proper place (especially dumbbells) 2. Do not stand in front of dumbbell rack to perform exercises 3. Do not lie down under plate loading machines 4. Do not bang weight machines (it can loosen weight stack or crack the weight plates) - you may just need to adjust your settings to allow a greater range of motion.
Group X Room 1. Please arrive to class on time, entering the room AFTER the class has begun can disrupt the flow.
Metabolic Rate Check
Only $25 (50% Savings)
Would you like to know your Metabolic Rate? Our MetaCheck Metabolic Rate Test is a simple, 10 minute breath test. During the test, the air you breathe out is analyzed to determine exactly how much oxygen your body consumed. You will receive a full page printout that will compare your metabolic rate to predicted normal values based on your height, age, weight, & sex. It will also suggest caloric intake based on your metabolic rate. Body fat and weight will also be measured on our scale.
Stop by fitness office to view a sample printout.
Rise -n- Shine TABATA
with Marita 5:10 AM M/W/F
Take A Hike!!
"Everything we do begins and ends with our members."